“We don’t have a choice on whether we do social media. The question is how well we do it.”
As the quote above reminds us, the decision to deploy Social Media is no longer in debate. Instead, business must engage in the social sphere like never before. Some quick facts about the most popular social media platforms, according to a 2018 Pew Research Center study:
- More than 2/3 of U.S. adults (68%) under age 65 use Facebook on a daily basis
- 71% of Americans 18- to 24-years-old use Instagram and 45% are Twitter users
- YouTube is now used by nearly three-quarters of U.S. adults and 94% of 18- to 24-year-olds
So, the major players continue to grow in their ubiquity. But, what about these scenarios, also reported on by Pew:
- Pinterest remains substantially more popular with women (41% of whom say they use the site daily) than with men (16%). What if your firm is highly-focused on women buyers?
- LinkedIn remains popular with college graduates and higher-income households (50% among Americans with a degree vs. 9% with a high school diploma). What if recruiting drives your business? Or your ideal client is a high-earning executive?
- The popularity of WhatsApp in Latin America extends to U.S. Latinos—with 49% reporting as daily users, compared with 14% of Caucasian’s and 21% of African-Americans. If your business depends on the rapid-growth Hispanic-American market, can you afford NOT to use WhatsApp?
As social media budgets have doubled worldwide from 2014 to 2016, according to a 2018 survey by HootSuite, more than 93% of businesses are expected to increase their social ad spend in 2018 in an aggressive effort to create and engage targeted communities of interest.
But NOT SO FAST! With this much budget at stake, who are you targeting? What are you saying to them? How do you create and grow engagement on social? Whether this is your first move into social media, or you have participated in social for years yet remain curious about your return or convinced that your program isn’t working, ResoundInc can help. Quickly!
Our Social Strategy Workshop is ideal for any organization considering or currently using social media. We focus on helping your team clarify and simplify your firm’s strategy for and deployment of social media to ensure the biggest bang for your buck. In a fun, interactive, and engaging workshop environment, we will lead your team through the following three aspects of social media that determine your firm’s resounding success, or lack thereof.
CONTENT STRATEGY—Only in the world of social media could the word, “content,” easily serve as a verb. The simple reason is that content in social media must be active, engaging, the means by which to develop and grow a two-way relationship—to build a community as interested in you as you are in them. In our Social Strategy Workshop, we’ll engage your team in a discovery of how to create, distribute, and promote content that is valuable, meaningful, and relevant to your target audience(s). We’ll coach the participants through interactive and fun exercises on:
- Connecting business objectives to social media content
- Creating content that connects to consumers and
- Developing & managing a story-telling process that inspires all participants
PLATFORM REQUIREMENTS—Next, we’ll immerse the participants in a discussion and series of exercises designed to answer two essential questions:
- Which Public Platforms (e.g., Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.) are most targeted to; most used by; and most engaging for your ideal prospective and current consumer? This question can be answered clearly through the development of buyer profiles (or “persona”), for which we will provide the template.
- Which Internal Platforms may work best for your business needs? We’ll explore and prioritize the most critical drivers for your business when assessing the functionality offered by social platform providers (e.g., engagement tracking, social listening, regulatory requirements, content performance, results measurement). Depending on audience size, we’ll employ breakout sessions to uncover, present, and discuss the team’s output as we equip them with the knowledge and confidence to move forward in the platform evaluation and selection process.
COMMUNITY BUILDING—In the final phase of our Social Strategy Workshop, we’ll lead a participant-driven exploration of the roles, responsibilities, and processes critical to the ongoing success of your social media program. This discussion will include the primary opportunities for community-building beyond simple content-posting, including what it takes to effectively manage blogs, vLogs, livestreams, product or service information, event integration, etc.
The Bottom Line: Being “in” social media is good; but being great at social media is the difference. ResoundInc can help your team regardless of its experience level—whether early stage and focused on fundamentals; growth stage looking to build-out and engage communities; expert stage looking for creative, innovative insights to drive greater results. As always, your Talent Network Team (TNT) can remain at your service for as long as your needs require.