WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect limited information from you in conjunction with your use of our Site.
We may ask you to provide your personal information, demographic information, or information about your preferences or interests when you:
- Sign up to receive email newsletters from us
- Enter a contest or sweepstakes
- Participate in surveys or special promotions
- Participate on social media accounts involving our authors, books or brands
- Participate in communities or forums on the Sites
- Submit user generated content on any part of the Sites that permit it
- Knowingly volunteer information
We and our third party service providers may also use a variety of technologies that automatically collect certain non-personal information when you interact with our Site or emails sent to you. Specifically, we may:
- Log certain information about your use of our Site (e.g., log files, clickstream data, a reading history of the pages you view, your search terms and search results) and additional “traffic data” (e.g., time of access, date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, access times, referring website addresses).
- Use Web beacons for a number of purposes, including counting visitors to our Site, monitoring how users navigate the Site, and counting how many emails were opened or how many links were viewed. A “web beacon” is an invisible graphic that is programmed only to collect non-personal information about your use of our Sites or emails sent to you.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information we learn about you to help us continually improve your experience with Resound Inc, LLC. We may use your personal and non-personal information in the following ways:
- Post your user generated content to our Sites as you request
- Communicate with you about your use of our Site and send you information about features on our Site
- Communicate with you about changes to our policies
- Send you newsletters, offers and promotions for our services, or information about special events by email or another medium
- Administer contests, sweepstakes, promotions, and surveys
- Optimize or improve our services and operations
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
- Perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of our Site and recipients of our emails, including browsing and purchasing patterns
WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
- We may use a third-party service provider to perform functions on our behalf, such as hosting, marketing, analytics, etc. These entities have access to your personal information only as needed to perform their functions and they are obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of that personal information. They are obligated not to use, sell, distribute or alter this information in any way other than to provide the requested services to our Site.
- We may also use or disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or the Sites; (b) protect and defend our rights or property, the Sites or our users, and (c) act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of us, our affiliates, agents, or the users of the Sites or the public.
Our Sites may provide you with the ability to “like,” “follow,” “connect,” “comment,” “share,” or otherwise interact with third party social media services, including, but not limited to, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, YouTube. These features may enable integration and/or access to your social media accounts. We do not control these social media services or your profiles on these services, and we do not establish privacy settings or rules for how your personal information on these services will be used. If you choose to submit information through any of these social media services, your personal information will be subject to the applicable social media service’s terms and conditions and your current privacy settings on such social media service. By accessing any social media service, you will be assuming the risk that the personal information you provide on that service may be viewed and/or used by third parties for any purpose. You agree that we are not responsible for any acts or omissions by these social media service providers.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Resound Inc, LLC takes reasonable steps to help protect and secure your personal information. However, please remember that no data storage or data transmission over the Internet, or by other means, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and, by your use of our Site, you understand, acknowledge and agree that you transmit your personal information to our Site at your own risk.
THIRD PARTY CONTENT AND LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
BLOGS, FORUMS, REVIEWS, AND COMMUNITY AREAS
Please remember that any information you share in public areas, such as blogs, forums or feedback sections, becomes public and anyone may take and use that information. Please be careful about what you disclose and do not post any personal information that you expect to keep private.
NOTICE TO NON-US USERS
HOW TO OPT-OUT OR CORRECT YOUR INFORMATION
You may always opt-out of receiving future commercial emails and newsletters from Resound Inc, LLC. We provide you with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving such communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link within the email you receive.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
Some browsers offer a “Do Not Track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. We do not track your personal information about your online activities over time and across third party websites. We also do not authorize third parties to collect any personal information from you on our Site for these purposes.
HOW TO CONTACT US